We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked, and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty.
~ Mother Teresa ~
DAPD’s organisational objective is to promote:
- Such medical, educational, vocational and social services and facilities as may be needed by persons with an impairment to achieve independence.
- An environment which is free from those physical, legal and attitudinal barriers which hinder the integration of persons living with an impairment into the community.
- The availability of adequate qualified personnel, assistive devices and such other resources as are needed to achieve this.
- Measures to prevent primary impairment.
- Measures for the early detection and prompt and efficient treatment of persons who are, or might become, challenged living with an impairment.
Social Work Services
DAPD renders Social Work Services – subsidised by the Department of Social Development (DSD) – to persons with all kind of impairments in the Drakenstein municipal area, as per the Social Work Services Guidelines stipulated by DSD:
- Adaptation processes towards impairment, support, therapeutic and motivational services are rendered.
- Assessment interviews, Individual Development Plan (IDP) for each person challenged with an impairment.
- Life-skills Programmes focusing on work ethics, conflict resolution, personal financial management and sexual education.
- Parental Support Programmes.
Areas we service are:
- Groot Drakenstein